FREE Case Evaluation

Notice of Work Injury

If you have a work injury or accident while working, you must report your work injury to your employer immediately or not later than 90 days. If you are off work or hospitalized, the insurance company is required to pay you temporary disability benefits within 14 days of your disability.

Filing a Workers' Compensation Claim in Central Oregon

You are required to file your work injury claims in writing after you have given notice to your employer. Your employer is required to immediately notify its insurance company of the injury.

It is best to file your work injury claim as soon as possible and to make sure your employer has reported it to the insurance company.  Contact our office if you have questions about timely filing a workers' compensation claim.

If your employer does not cooperate with the work injury claim or refuses to allow you to file the claim, you should contact a work injury attorney for workers' compensation legal advice. Alternatively, you should contact the Oregon State Workers’ Compensation Division at 1-800-452-0288 for assistance. You can also ask your doctor’s office to contact the insurance company for you, especially if your doctor is taking you off work.

Filing workers’ compensation claims is complicated and often requires paperwork from all parties. If you have difficulty with the paperwork or do not speak English, our Oregon workers' compensation attorney Philip Garrow can assist you. We have experience in Central Oregon cities, including Bend, Redmond, Sisters, La Pine, Madras and Prineville. 

Check Out What Our Customers Are Saying

Questions about anything?

Send us a message and we'll get back to you as fast as we can!